January 20th is National Cheese Lovers Day. And while I love cheese and I appreciate this special day, I’ll be honest and say that I celebrate cheese and my love for it everyday.
I mean, its cheese!! 🙂
So, I missed this national day but I did want to share a special cheese dish and could not think of anything better than baked brie! I topped the brie with fresh blackberries, blackberry preserves, pecans, orange zest and rosemary from my garden (Yes, my herbs are still alive on the deck!! wohoo!).
I love the combination of berries and citrus, so I decided to add some orange zest to this 😀 This dish reminds of holiday gatherings, or an evening with friends, sitting near the fire place, talking and enjoying one anothers company!
Here is my Baked Brie with Blackberries and Pecans recipe:
- 1 wheel of brie
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons blackberry preserves or jam
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- sliced baguette and crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place wheel of brie on the parchment.
- Top the wheel with blackberry preserves, chopped pecans, fresh blackberries, orange zest and honey
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and serve with sliced baguette and crackers
- Enjoy 🙂