Probably the most popular cookie, a search for chocolate chip cookie recipe yields 117 MILLION results in google. And that is a lot of cookies! I myself have contributed several variations 🙂
Today, I baked Bon Appetits BEST chocolate chip cookies
What makes this recipe different is the browning of the butter, which we have done at butter bear shop since we began, use of a whole egg and two yolks and notably the higher baking oven temperature of 375 Degrees F.
This recipe also calls for chopped chocolate, which I love! Once baked it gives the melty pools of chocolate on the top of your cookie!
Do you have an absolute favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe?
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces 60% dark chocolate (I used half chips and half chopped chocolate)
- flakey sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit and place rack in the center of the oven.
- In a sauce pan, brown 1 stick butter. Remove from heat and stir in the remaining stick of butter. Set aside to cool.
- In bowl, add the sugars to the butter and using a mixer to cream together until light and fluffy.
Add in the egg, yolks and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt. Using a spatula, fold in the chopped chocolate. Allow batter to “hydrate” for 30 minutes.
- Scoop into 3 tablespoon balls. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Sprinkle the top with flakey salt. Enjoy!