I’ve kind of been obsessed with chocolate peppermint flavored everything right now.
It is the holiday season and I DO love chocolate, so it totally makes sense!
*See my Peppermint Marshmallows Here *
I am so excited to announce my Youtube Channel and this is the first video I am sharing on there!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- 18 peppermint Hershey kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add in the egg. Mix well.
- Add in salt, baking soda, peppermint extract, cocoa powder and flour. Mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Scoop onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Place a peppermint Hershey kiss in the center of the cookie and swirl with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle on crushed candy canes