To the person who first combined chocolate and pumpkin, thank you! You have lead me to this beautiful and delicious creation…
I attended the NW Chocolate Festival with Hussein a few weekends ago. The festival itself was crowded, but organized and I was happy to attend some demonstrations by Master Chocolatiers. I learned a lot about chocolate!
My favorite part of the festival was being able to interact with the chocolate vendors, the makers and owners of awesome chocolate companies! To hear their passion and sample their treats made standing in the hour long lines worth it!
We purchased our favorite chocolates and cocoa powders! I used this one for this recipe:
This recipe was adapted from Garnish and Glaze!
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (16oz) can of pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 (8oz) cream cheese, at room temp
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3 cups powder sugar
- orange food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake lines
- In a large bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla, salt, milk and pumpkin and mix well.
- Next, add in the eggs and mix until combined.
- Sift in the AP flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until just combined. *Do NOT overmix*
- Scoop batter into cupcake tin and bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick placed in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and make your frosting.
- Combine butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl. Use a mixer to blend well.
- Add orange food coloring and mix well.
- Use an icing tip to decorate your cupcakes
- Enjoy 🙂