I love a good mash up dessert. These Cookie Cheesecake Bars are just that! And when in bar form, these sweet treats are portable and easy to eat. Think picnics, BBQ’s and even a strolling appetizer party!
These bars can be made for any occasion, using festive, colorful M&M’s and sprinkles.
I had initially made these during Easter, but thought it would be fun to make them for a 4th of July celebration!
I even added some fun, festive sprinkles to the mix!
How fun are these sprinkles from Sweetopolita? 😀
This recipe was inspired by What’s Gaby Cooking! Be sure to check out her blog and snapchat where she makes a new recipe every Friday!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup Easter colored M&M's
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non stick spray.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Add in ¼ cup of the M&Ms and stir with a spatula.
- Chill the dough while you make the cheesecake layer
- Whip together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla for 3 minutes until everything is evenly combined and smooth.
- Press ¾ of the cookie dough mixture into the bottom of the pan to make 1 even layer. (place the reserved cookie dough mix aside).
- Spread the cheesecake layer on top of the cookie dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle the remaining cookie dough on top of the cheesecake mixture and then sprinkle with the remaining M&M's.
- Place it into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the cookie dough is golden brown.
- The center may be loose, but it will set while cooling.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours and then cut into squares
- Enjoy 🙂
Thank you to Fred Meyer for sponsoring this recipe. Without their support, this blog wouldn’t be possible!