You may have noticed the Noosa spoon decoder game on Twitter and Facebook. The object, is to use the back on your spoon to reflect the message! Grab a spoon and tell me what this says:
— noosa yoghurt (@noosayoghurt) October 5, 2015
Now, that you’re all excited about the Noosa honey flavored yoghurt, It is time to get excited about their cranberry apple flavor!
I knew I had to use Noosa Yoghurt Cranberry Apple flavor in a baked treat! The flavor is tart, sweet, smooth and rich.
I set out to make scones..
But, scones are one of the few baked goods I have trouble with. They’re usually dry and require a great helping of butter and a dunk into tea. I had to change that! I did my research and found that many use yogurt in their scones for extra moisture!
And so my Cranberry Apple Scones were born 🙂
I also recommend spreading some more Noosa Yoghurt on the top of your scone, like so:
On to the recipe:
*Tip: I recommend a silicon pastry brush, like so:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup halved fresh cranberries
- ⅔ cup Noosa Cranberry Apple Yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- sugar in the raw to sprinkle on top of scones (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the cold butter, until a pebble like texture forms.
- In a bowl, whisk together Noosa Yoghurt and one egg.
- Add the yoghurt mixture into the flour, mixing until combined. *Do not overmix*
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to drop ¼ cup dough onto baking sheet
- Whisk remaining egg and brush onto the tops of the scones
- Sprinkle with sugar
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown
- Enjoy 🙂
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and I am being compensated for it. All opinions are my own.