Do you remember this Youtube video? It’s gotten more than 22 million views! And I think its because its hilarious and everyone loves muffins!
Many people have shared that they have been disappointed with muffins, because they are too dry or dense.
Here are my tips for muffin making:
- Start with ingredients at room temperature (eggs, milk, yogurt).
- Use yogurt in your muffins to ensure they are moist.
- Do not overmix your batter! Combine the wet ingredients and sift together the dry ingredients before mixing the two together.
- Sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar for a crunchy top
- Use cupcake liners for easy clean up.
I used Noosa Yoghurt’s Lemon Yoghurt in my lemon poppy seed muffins. You can locate Noosa retailers here.
Lets play a little game.. #NoosaLibs. My favorite flavor of Noosa Yoghurt is Lemon Yoghurt and my favorite thing to eat it with are my Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins!
Disclosure: Noosa Yoghurt has sponsored this post. All opinions of the product are honest and my own.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8oz) container Noosa Lemon Yoghurt (1 cup full fat yogurt)
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together Noosa Lemon Yoghurt, milk, eggs, lemon zest and vegetable oil
- Stir in the sugar and set aside
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. *do not over mix*
- Fill each muffin tin until they are ¾ full.
- Sprinkle with turbinado sugar
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden
- Enjoy 🙂
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.