One of our favorite breakfast smoothies, is my Pina Colada Green Smoothie. I make it almost everyday. It is fruity, packed with protein and lots nutrients and importantly it is delicious!
After a trip, I need to re-set and refresh. This Pina Colada green smoothie is the way I like to do so. It always feels so good to start my mornings with something fresh and nutritious. And when I wake up extra early and have a few minutes to myself, I like to top my smoothies and garnish them with fruit, flax seeds, millet and whatever else I may be inspired by.
- Put the liquid in first! This helps the blender get things going faster.
- Start on low speed and work the speed up to high.
- If you want to thicken your smoothie, add more ice or frozen fruit.
- For additional sweetness, add a pitted medlooj date or two.
- 1 cup Chobani Coconut Yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup baby kale or baby spinach
- ¼-1/2 cup water (or milk) depending on preference
- Shredded coconut
- Flax Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Frozen Berries
- In a blender combine yogurt, pineapple, baby kale and water. Mix on high until smooth.
- If you prefer a thinner smoothie consistency, add additional ¼ cup water.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings.
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Tag me using #CreateAmandasPlate or @AmandasPlate