As we move away from the winter months, some may also move away from soups. But this potato and leek soup is the perfect bridge from the frigid, dark, cold days of winter to brisk bright spring days.
I created this recipe for the Fred Meyer Easter E-book, so be sure to be on the look out for that in the coming weeks (I’ll be sure to post a reminder of that as well).
This recipe is SO easy! It is vegetarian and packed with flavor. With just a few simple ingredients, you have a decadent, rich, soup.
It has already been requested several times in our home haha. I even shared it with our friend, Loren, who also enjoyed it 🙂
Here is the recipe:
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 1 cup chopped celery stalks
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Chives, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Place potatoes, leeks, celery and vegetable stock in a pot and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the potatoes, leeks, celery and vegetable stock. Add in the heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh chopped chives and a dollop of sour cream.
- Enjoy 🙂