I know I am not alone when I say I can not keep up with all the national food days. It seems that every day of the week is a special celebration of America’s Favorite Foods! This is a great thing, and today is National Pumpkin Spice Day 😀
For this special holiday, I am sharing my pumpkin spice cupcakes!
We were attending a family gathering and I wanted to bring something sweet. Cupcakes are always a hit! They are individually sized and can be decorated with little effort.
These cupcakes are packed with fall flavor. The cake was very moist and the frosting paired perfectly with the cake-just the right balance between sugar and spice 😉
- 2¾ cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1¾ cups pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk (if needed to thin frosting out)
- Candy corn or toasted pecans, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with liners.
- Using electric mixer, cream together sugar and oil. Add in eggs one at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fill cupcake tins ⅔ of the way to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until toothpick placed in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, pumpkin puree, powder sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg until smooth. If needed add 1 tablespoon milk to thin out the mixture.
- Use a piping bag to pipe out the frosting.
- Top with candy corn or toasted pecans
- Enjoy 🙂
I found these pumpkin spice flavored candy corn to add to my cupcakes 😀
Make these cupcakes? I’d love to see! Tag me @AmandasPlate or #CreateAmandasPlate <3