Need I say more?
There are countless ways to incorporate Nutella into your desserts. For this recipe, I used the delicious hazelnut cocoa spread into a filling for a delicate, beautiful raspberry meringues.
I know what you are thinking.. Making meringues is time consuming. And you are right. But most of the time is inactive. Once they are in the oven, you can go about your day, organizing your cookbooks, emailing friends and reading my blog 😀 These light crisp cookies are worth the time it takes to make them.
I used my favorite Wilton tip, 1M to pipe my meringue into beautiful rosettes. You can also pipe them in a traditional star, but they will not sandwich as nicely. Also, if you do not have a pipping bag or piping tip, simply fill your batter into a sandwich bag and snip off the tip with some shears. Easy peasey.
Here is my recipe:
4 egg whites, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
pinch of salt
drop of pink food coloring
3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup Nutella
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In your stand mixer with a whisk attachment, add in your egg whites and cream of tartar. Whip until stiff glossy peaks form. Add in salt and sugar one spoonful at a time. Add in pink food coloring.
3. Place raspberry jam in a large bowl. Add in half the meringue mixture and fold carefully into the jam. Add remaining meringue and fold.
4. Spoon mixture into pipping bag with Wilton 1M tip on end. Pipe rosettes onto parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 190 degrees for 90 minutes, or until meringues come off parchment with ease. *Bake time may vary based on humidity.
6. While the meringues are baking, make your filling. Cream butter, Nutella, salt and vanilla extract in stand mixer with paddle attachment until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and bledn until smooth.
7. Pipe Nutella filling between two meringues!
8. Enjoy 🙂