I L-O-V-E cranberry sauce. But not that stuff that comes out of metal jar. Yes, I know they organic cranberry sauce in cans but it is not as good as homemade.
This recipe is super easy to make and can be done two days in advance (I wouldn’t go longer, because we are making fresh cranberry sauce). My citrus spiced cranberry sauce is sure to be a favorite on your table this Thanksgiving!
This cranberry sauce is infused with with orange, cinnamon, nutmeg and topped it with mint for freshness and a nice green garnish.
- 1, 16 ounce bag (2 cups) fresh whole cranberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 nutmeg pod
- 1 star anise pod
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chopped mint
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, combine cranberries, sugar, water, orange zest, cinnamon, star anise and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Remove cinnamon stick, star anise pod and nutmeg pod.
- Allow to cool completely and top with fresh mint.
Be sure to check out my Citrus and Herb Turkey Recipe.
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Tag me using #CreateAmandasPlate @AmandasPlate