If you’re looking for a delicious pastry to enjoy for breakfast or as a midday snack, look no further than these Lemon Blueberry Danishes. With their flaky, buttery pastry and bright, fruity filling, these danishes are sure to become a new favorite.
I love using puff pastry for an easy dessert. The possibilities for building something beautiful and delicious are endless. From tarts, to scrolls and rolls, puff pastry is always stocked in my freezer, as I can put together a delicious treat in no time. In this lemon blurry danish recipe, we will be making
- 1 package puff pastry
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 1 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- mint for garnish
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Allow puff pastry to defrost and cut into 12 equal rectangles. Place pastry on parchment lined baking sheet.Using a pairing knife, cut a smaller rectangle inside each pastry, this is more scoring so do not cut all the way thru the dough. Using a fork prick the inner rectangle. Whip the egg and use a pastry brush to brush tops of the pastry. Bake for 20-22 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- While pastries are baking, make the filling by whipping heavy cream until stiff peaks. Set aside. In the same bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and half lemon zest. Mix until smooth and combine with whipped cream.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, honey and blueberries. Divide blueberries and set half aside. In a small sauce pan, combine remaining blueberry mix with sugar and heat until thickened about 5 minutes. set aside and allow to cool.
- Once pastries are cooled, top with cream cheese filling, jam and blueberries. Dust tops with powdered sugar and garnish with mint.Enjoy
These Lemon Blueberry Danishes are best enjoyed fresh from the oven, but they can also be stored in an airtight container for a day or two. They’re perfect for a weekend brunch, a mid-morning snack, or even a dessert after dinner.
The combination of sweet blueberries and tart lemon in these danishes is sure to brighten your day and leave you feeling satisfied. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy a delicious pastry that’s sure to become a new favorite. Make this recipe? Tag me @AmandasPlate