Pumpkin spice has quickly become the flavor most closely associated with the start of fall. And these pumpkin cinnamon rolls scream fall! They’re easy to make and I recommend measuring out all ingredients before beginning. You can make your own pumpkin puree using my method here or you can use canned puree.
If you are a visual learner, I shared this recipe in reel form on Instagram.
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
For The Dpugh
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant rise yeast
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg room temperature
- 4 cups King Arthur Bread Flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
Cream Cheese Icing
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Dough
- Warm milk to around 110 degrees F. Please milk and sugar in bowl of stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Stir in pumpkin puree, room temperature egg and melted butter, mixing until smooth and well combined and creamy. Next stir in flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt until a dough begins to form. Knead the dough for 10 minutes. Dough should form into a nice ball and be slightly sticky.Place dough to a large bowl greased with nonstick cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap and a warm towel. After dough has doubled in size, transfer dough to a floured surface and roll out into a 14×16 inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and public spice until a smooth paste forms.
- Spread the filling over the dough with an offset spatula leaving 1/4 inch off the edge. Tightly roll up the dough and cut into 12 equal pieces. I do this by first cutting in half then fourths.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Place cinnamon rolls into a greased 13×9 pan and cover with plastic. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden.
Cream Cheese Icing
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking make the icing. Combine butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and maple syrup using a whisk or whisk attachment on stand mixer until smooth.Spread over the pumpkin cinnamon rolls and enjoy 🙂
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see! Please tag me @AmandasPlate