Whether you’re looking for a delightful appetizer or a light main course, these savory zucchini cakes are the perfect addition to your recipe collection. This recipe will leave your taste buds excited for more.
Savory zucchini cakes offer a great recipe to utilize Grated zucchini is a great base for developing flavor, by adding savory herbs and spices this recipe, is sure to impress your family and friends. These cakes boast a crisp, golden-brown exterior and a tender, flavorful interior, making them a perfect option for an addition to a Summer time meal.
Because zucchini has a very high water content, we have to remove some of it, in order to achieve a crispy cake. This is done by adding salt, and allowing it to pull the moisture from the grated zucchini. You may need to add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of flour, but do not be tempted to add more. This crisp cake and herb dipping sauce are also delicious with a chili crisp-so feel free to get creative and add some heat 🙂
Nutritional Benefits of Zucchini:
Zucchini is not only delicious but also packed with essential nutrients that contribute to a well-balanced diet. This is a low-calorie vegetable and is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, including:
- Vitamin C: Known for its immune-boosting properties, vitamin C in zucchini aids in collagen production, skin health, and wound healing.
- Vitamin A: Zucchini contains beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, which supports healthy vision and immune function.
- Potassium: This mineral helps regulate blood pressure, maintain proper heart function, and support muscle health.
- Fiber: Zucchini is rich in dietary fiber, promoting digestive health, and providing a feeling of fullness, which may aid in weight management.
- Antioxidants: Zucchini is abundant in antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin, which are beneficial for eye health and may reduce the risk of age-related eye diseases.
Zucchini’s versatility in the kitchen makes it a favorite among chefs and home cooks alike. Here are some popular culinary uses for zucchini:
- Sauteed or Stir-Fried: Sautéed zucchini with garlic, onions, and a sprinkle of herbs is a simple and flavorful side dish.
- Grilled: Grilled zucchini slices brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper make a delicious addition to summer BBQs.
- Zucchini Noodles: Also known as “zoodles,” zucchini can be spiralized into noodle-like shapes to serve as a healthy, low-carb alternative to pasta.
- Baked Goods: Zucchini can be grated and added to baked goods like muffins, bread, and cakes, providing moisture and a nutritional boost.
- Stuffed: Hollowed-out zucchini halves make a perfect vessel for various fillings, such as rice, cheese, and ground meat.
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Tag me using #CreateAmandasPlate