This was a fun recipe to work on. I was inspired by the flavors of the holiday season and used them to make a delicious, rich, fudge-y cupcake and white chocolate peppermint buttercream!
This recipe is the inspiration for the new shake at Brome Burger! For the entiremonth of December, 10% of proceeds from this special shake will be donated to Gleaners Food Bank!
I hope you will all be joining me at the Meet and Greet at Brome Burger tonight, Monday November 30th from 6 to 8pm.
You will be able to enjoy a sample of this delicious cupcake!
Here is my recipe:
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- ¾ cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- White Chocolate Buttercream
- 4 ounces white chocolate bar, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream, separated
- 2 lbs (1 bag) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Sprinkles, crushed peppermints or candy canes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with liners and begin making your batter.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Mix in peppermint extract and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Sift together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder. And mix into the wet ingredients. *do not over mix.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop, add batter to cupcake tin.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake cups out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- To make icing, heat 1/3 heavy whipping cream and pour over the white chocolate pieces. Allow to stand for a few minutes. The heat from the whipping cream will melt the chocolate. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to cream together butter and powdered sugar. Pour in the melted white chocolate, remaining heavy whipping cream and peppermint extract. Continue mixing until smooth and fluffy.
- Ice cupcakes and top with crushed peppermint candies and sprinkles.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.com