Pumpkin Goat Cheese Crostini
During the weekends, I am often looking for a quick and easy appetizer to go with dinner. One of our family favorites are crostini! One really can’t go wrong with toasted bread and some kind of cheese.
Pumpkin Goat Cheese Crostini are the perfect fall crostini as they capture all of the delicious flavors of fall. The crostinis are topped with sage leaves that are perfectly crisp from brown butter-YUM!
I also added pumpkin seeds to the top for added texture and crunch! The pumpkin and goat cheese make the perfect spread across the toasted baguettes!
I’ve definitely been on a pumpkin kick this month! Have you seen my recipe for my pumpkin spice cupcakes?
I’ve also made a Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies and a Starbucks copy-cat Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Muffin 😀
On to the pumpkin crostini recipe..
- 1 baguette, sliced into 24 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) goat cheese or cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 10 sage leaves, chiffonade (roll the leaves and slice into long thin pieces)
- 3 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Line baking sheet with parchment and arrange the bread.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, using a mixture, mix together pumpkin, goat cheese, garlic powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper until smooth. Place the mixture in a piping bag, if desired.
- Heat butter in a skillet on medium heat until slightly browned. Add the sage and fry until crisp. Remove from the sage from skillet and place on a paper towel.
- Toast the pepitas in the butter and remove from heat.
- Assemble crostini by piping (or spreading with a knife) pumpkin mixture onto the toasted bread.
- Top each crostini with a strand or two of sage and a sprinkle of pepitas
- Enjoy 🙂
Make this dish? I’d love to see! Tag me @AmandasPlate or #CreateAmandasPlate