This Michigan autumn has been exceptionally warm and beautiful. After a few rainy days in September, we have been lucky to have sunny skies and high temperatures.
While the warmth is lingering, the leaves continue to transform and change colors, falling slowly to the ground. The falling leaves indicate it is time for fall baking. And as we adjust to the new chapter of our lives, while living in Michigan, baking and blogging will remain a constant.
If you’re following me on Snapchat, you know I’ve worked on this recipe for a while. I wanted the perfect cookie, not a cake like cookie. I found that mini chocolate chips work better, as the cookie dough is much softer than a plain chocolate chip cookie.
It is also really important to chill your cookie for a minimum of one hour. Failing to do so will cause your cookies to spread out, paper thin!
Tip: Use a small (1 tablespoon) ice-cream scoop to form your cookies 😀
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie puree)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add in pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Mix into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Place the refrigerator for 1 hour, to chill.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop (1 tablespoon dough per cookie), scoop dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. The cookies will continue cooking outside the oven
- Allow to cool completely
- Enjoy 🙂
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Tag me @AmandasPlate or #CreateAmandasPlate
Happy baking <3