Green Smoothie Bowl
Hi friends! Today, I needed a green smoothie bowl. And not that you need a reason to eat well, but here’s why…
If you’re following me on Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook you know that I am in Michigan. Over the past few weeks I have been enjoying time with my family, helping finalize details for my sister and new brothers wedding and of course eating good food and relaxing. To always keep up with my day to day, follow me on Snapchat:
Between all the family events, wedding planning, and the actual wedding, I have not had much time for blogging and I generally do not work ahead as I like to keep everything very current 🙂
So, here’s what I made today 🙂
I began with a base of baby kale and baby spinach. I also added Chobani Greek Yogurt, berries, a squeeze of lemon and topped it with almonds, more berries and some sunflower seeds. If you like some sweetness in your smoothie, add 1 tablespoon of honey or agave 🙂
The berries I used were sweet enough that I did not have to add any extra sweetener 😀
Here is my recipe:
- 1 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup baby kale
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 frozen raspberries and strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almonds, sunflower seeds, for topping
- 2 tablespoons berries for topping
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a blender, place greens, berries, lemon juice and yogurt and mix until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl
- Arrange chi seeds, berries and almonds a top of the bowl
- Enjoy 🙂
After sharing my Chai Tea Smoothie Bowl recently, you guys made it very clear the breakfast bowl trend is not going anywhere anytime soon! And for good reason they re fast, healthy, versatile and fun.
Not at all 🙂 I hope its here to stay!