Is it just me or did this year fly by?
I mean, 2015 will be over in just a few short weeks!
But before we can celebrate the new year, we need to gift our friends and neighbors these delicious candied pecans!
Who doesn’t love a sweet, nutty, candied nut? And as a gift? The best 🙂
I’ve made several batches of these pecans and they are always gone in the blink of an eye! Seriously, they’re that good.
And the good news is, they’re really simple and easy to make.
Serves: 4 cups
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 16 ounces pecans (about 4 cups)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white, water and vanilla until it stiffens slightly.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon.
- Add the pecans to the bowl and mix until the pecans are coated in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread pecans evenly on a baking sheet and place into the oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool completely
- Enjoy 🙂
Reblogged this on Las Vegas Cool & Easy Cooking.
I love this because I have pecans leftover from making my pecan cranberry bars. I might have to give this a try, thanks! Check mine out: http://huntershealthykitchen.com/2014/12/23/cranberry-pecan-holiday-bars/
Thank you! Your recipe looks great! Thanks for sharing it☺️