Best Ever Guacamole
Mexican cuisine is definitely one of my favorites. Hussein often asks, “if you could have Mexican food everyday would you?”. The answer is undoubtedly, yes! 😀
Many traditional Mexican dishes have pork or lard, so I learned to make these dishes myself. Guacamole often accompanies these traditional dishes and is a favorite in our home.
Guacamole originated in Mexico with the Aztecs. It has made its way into Tex-Mex and American cuisine and can be viewed as a staple. There are many ways to make guacamole. It can be served over empanadas, or used as a dip, severed on the top of a salad, or a sandwich condiment.
Some of you may not like tomatoes in your guacamole, so feel free to omit them! This is my best ever guacamole because it is the way I like it 😉
Here is my recipe:
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 large ripe Hass avocados (approximately 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Combine red onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, lime and spices. Allow to marinate while you smash your avocado.
- Slice avocado lengthwise and remove the pit*
- Smash the avocado using a fork or potato masher 🙂
- Combine the smashed avocado with the remaining in ingredients.
- Enjoy 🙂
*The pit can be placed in the center of the guacamole to help keep the avocados from oxidizing (turning brown).
Make this dish? I’d love to see! Tag me #CreateAmandasPlate
Love this blog Amanda!! Keep cooking!!
I made the guacamole! (but without cilantro since i don’t like it) it was so good!!
Mmmm, this looks so good!
I love avocados and especially guacamole. Here’s the recipe I made this week for Taco Tuesday: http://sweetseatstreats.wordpress.com/2014/07/23/garlicky-guacamole/#more-277
Yummy I have to try it
Thank you! I hope you enjoy 🙂
Don’t get me wrong your Mexican dishes I can ear everyday too. You have a magnificent gift of balancing and combining the right flavors and ingredients to make an amazingly flavorful dish every time, regardless if its Mexican or something else. Love you hun!
So others know I’ve taste tested and tried every recipe of guac ever, this is hands down the most flavorful and delicious.
LOl thank you, Hussein 🙂 <3