Everyone loves a moist, chocolate cupcake, especially on Valentine’s Day. This is an easy fool proof recipe that is sure to impress your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day.
This recipe is a favorite of mine because it makes 12 cupcakes (no need for 24 in our small household).
I shared these cupcakes on Q Fox 13! Watch here: Valentines Day Treats
On to the recipe 🙂
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Chocolate Buttercream
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream together vegetable oil and sugars, until light in color.
- Add in the vanilla extract and eggs and continue mixing.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to your bowl.
- Pour in the milk and mix until combined. *Do not overmix*
- Pour batter into cupcake cups and bake for about 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Mix together butter, melted chocolate, powdered sugar and milk, until smooth. Add more milk if needed.
- Pipe buttercream over cupcakes
Mmmmm sound yummy😋