One of my favorite Halloween candies are candy corn! I know many people dislike them, but when they come around I can’t resist their super sweet marshmallow like flavor! And they are perfect color trilogy of colors in my Candy Corn Cupcakes!
Did you know that candy corn was created in the 1880s by George Renninger of the Wunderlee Candy Company?
Now that is an old candy!
These cupcakes were inspired by the three distinct candy corn color layers- Orange, Yellow and White!
Heres an easy to follow video tutorial for this recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Yellow and orange food coloring
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- candy corn, for decorating
- orange and yellow sprinkles, for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Using the paddle attachment of your stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and milk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix in to wet ingredients.
- Divide batter into two. Color one with yellow food coloring and the other with orange.
- Using an icecream scoop, fill cups first with yellow batter then with orange.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking, make the butter cream. Using your mixer, beat butter and add in vanilla. On low speed, slowly add in powdered sugar. Add in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, top with buttercream and a candy corn.