I was looking thru my pantry, trying to find something that belonged in a new cookie.
Yes, this is how I come up with some of my recipes! 😀
I came across a little jar of instant coffee that I had not used before. I’m not really sure what I intended it for me, but I knew it would be perfect with chocolate in a chewy cookie.
I did some research and came across a recipe on Food Network (recipe) that has inspired this one!
Here is my recipe:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light in color.
- Continue mixing and add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. *do not overmix
- Using a spatula, fold in the coffee and chocolate chips.
- Using a #2 ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheet (do not over crowd the pan)
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack
- Enjoy 🙂