‘Tis the season for holiday baking! But I know that some holiday baking recipes can be overwhelming.
Which is why I am sharing this super easy, yet festive and delicious chocolate dipped peanut butter cookie recipe!
The peanut butter cookie recipe began with my Peanut Butter Nutella Cups. I simply baked them in cookie form, allowed them to cool and then dipped them in delicious semi-sweet chocolate and finished them off with some holiday themed sprinkles!
Here is my recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate for melting, broken into small pieces
- sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using mixer at medium speed, cream together butter, peanut butter, brown and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at at time, mixing well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in to wet ingredients.
- Spoon dough into small 1 inch balls, place on baking sheet and flatten in a crisscross pattern using the back on a fork (you may find it easier to lightly dust fork with flour first).
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool
- In a microwave safe bowl and place chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds
- Add additional time if needed, being careful not to burn.
- Dip cooled cookies into chocolate and sprinkle with holiday sprinkles
- Allow chocolate to set
- Enjoy 🙂