From cookies, to crepes, cheesecake and pies, Nutella can be found on almost every dessert menu.
The delicious hazelnut spread pairs perfectly with peanut butter, top it off with toasted pecans and chocolate and you have the most delectable treat! *Best eaten with a cold glass of milk!
When I was searching around my kitchen, for something to use to make an indentation into the cups, I came across a water bottle and to my delight, it fit perfectly into the peanut butter cup!
Here is my recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or peanuts
- 1/4 chocolate for melting
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using mixer at medium speed, cream together butter, peanut butter, brown and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs one at at time, mixing well.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in to wet ingredients.
- Line a mini cupcake tin. Scoop cookie batter into each cup. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cookie will be loose. It will set as it cools.
- Using the top of a water bottle (wash it first), make an indentation into the center of each cookie cup.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon Nutella into each of the cavities.
- Melt 1/4 cup chocolate with 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (this makes it smooth and gives the chocolate nice shine).
- Spoon chocolate into a sandwich bag.
- Make a small hole at the end of a sandwich bag and drizzle on the chocolate.
- Toast pecans, and sprinkle on top of the chocolate.
- Enjoy 🙂