I am very much enjoying all of summers succulent fruit and vegetables. I have been fortunate enough to be able to go to many local farmers markets and buy the freshest of this seasons harvest.
As I looked at my fridge and pantry looking for inspiration for dinner, I decided I need to use as many vegetables as possible. As you already know from my guacamole post, I love Mexican cuisine. I came up with this easy, filling, flavor packed chopped salad with a cool avocado lime dressing. My husband, who typically does not consider a salad “dinner”, was full and satisfied with this one. 🙂
Feel free to add or omit any of the ingredients. Cooking should be fun and you should create something you will enjoy!
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup tortilla chips or strips
- 1/4 pound strip steak, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, paprika and salt
- 1/4 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Avocado Lime Dressing
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine steak with garlic powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper and salt. Cook in olive oil. Sprinkle cheese over top. Set aside.
- In food processor, blend together avocado, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and salt until smooth.
- Chop vegetables. Drain beans.
- Arrange veggies and meat on plate. Toss with dressing before serving.
- Enjoy 🙂