Is there anything more delicious than a velvety cheese dip to enjoy on Super Bowl Sunday? The flavors of this Queso Dip are perfect paired! Garlic, onion, tomatoes, cumin and jalapeños do a perfect dance inside this rich cheesy sauce.
Queso is a Tex-Mex dip enjoyed by millions. This recipe uses evaporated milk, which helps prevent the cheese from clumping. This recipe can be made in the crock pot as well, which makes it a great way to keep warm throughout the game day.
For this recipe, I highly recommend shredding your own cheese. I used the grate attachment on my food processor to make it easier. I used a blend of Cabot Medium Cheddar and Seriously Sharp Cheddar. I would also recommend the Cabot Habanero for this for an extra kick 🙂
This recipe is mild in heat, if you like more heat, add more jalapeño and serano chiles 🙂
Queso Dip with Cabot Cheddar
- 1/2 pound shredded Cabot Cheddar Cheese I used a blend of Seriously Sharp cheddar and Medium Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper can omit or increase for more or less heat
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 13 oz evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos add more if more heat is desired
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Melt butter in a skillet and add in the garlic, green onions and spices. Cook for two minutes. Add in the tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add in the corn strach and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil and mix continuously as you stir in the shredded Cabot cheese. Once incorporated, remove from heat and serve immediately.
This post and recipe are sponsored by Cabot Cheese. All content and ideas are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that help support and keep this blog going.
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Tag me using #CreateAmandasPlate or @AmandasPlate