Focaccia is an Italian Flatbread. It is a yeasted dough and can include many flavor profiles, such as rosemary garlic, olive and tomato, and my take– a habanero cheddar.
This recipe is made using Cabot Habanero Cheddar. I especially love the little zing of heat in this recipe. It is perfect with the sweet cherry tomatoes that freckle the top of this bread. If you’d like something more mild, Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar would also be perfect.
Focaccia with this cheesy gooey, habanero cheddar is the ultimate cheese bread!
Tips: preheat your oven to 200 degrees, then turn it off. This is now the perfect, warm place for your dough to rise.
Habanero Cheddar Focaccia
- 3 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for coating the bowl
Filling and Toppings
- 2 cups Cabot Habanero Cheddar reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flakey maldon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment (this can be done by hand or in a food processor), combine all the dough ingredients. Mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Lightly grease a bowl with olive oil and place dough in bowl and cover. Allow to rise for 2 hours or until puffy.
- Transfer dough to lightly greased work surface and divide into two equal parts. Allow each part to rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll one part of the dough to fit the bottom of your 9 x13 pan. Please 1 tablespoon of olive oil in bottom of the pan and press the dough into the pan.
- Add the Cabot Habanero Cheddar, (reserving 1/4 cup for the topping) on top of the dough. Roll out the second dough and press the ends of the dough to seal to the bottom dough, to firmly seal the focaccia shut.
- Cover the focaccia with a damp cloth and allow to rise.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Once the focaccia has rested, use your fingers to make indentiations (poke holes) in the top. Brush the top with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. place the cherry tomatoes and remaining 1/4 cup Habanero cheddar into the top. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
This recipe can be made in a round pan or on a pizza stone. It is important to ensure the top and bottom pieces of dough are sealed tightly.
This Focaccia can be stored in a ziplock bag for 3 days at room temperature or can be frozen.
This post and recipe are sponsored by Cabot Cheese. All content and ideas are my own. Thank you for supporting the companies that help support and keep this blog going 🙂
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Please tag me @AmandasPlate