One of the easiest one bowl recipes. I love this recipe for its simplicity! And it is absolutely delicious. I add turbinado sugar to the tops for extra crunch! It is optional but highly recommended.
This recipe calls for 1/2 cup smashed banana, which is one medium banana. If your banana is smaller or larger, that is okay. You can also substitute for equal parts apple sauce, if you do not like bananas. 😀
Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 2/3 cup milk, can use almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup smashed banana, one medium banana
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar or sugar in the raw optional
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners, or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and oil. Add in the egg and whisk until light and fluffy. Add in the remaining ingredients, expect for the blueberries. Once everything is combined, gently fold in the blueberries. Use an icecream scoop to fill the baking cups.
- Top the muffins with additional 2-3 blueberries each and a sprinkle of turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and enjoy!
These muffins store well in an air tight container for 3 days. And can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Make this recipe? I’d love to see. Tag me @AmandasPlate