I love cranberries. They are tart and bright! They are a beautiful rich red and pop! when they cook. What a festive little fruit 😀
Cranberries are typically used to make juice and sauce. They are also used in baking and I decided to candy some up for a decorative topping to my cranberry orange cupcakes!
These delicious cupcakes are the perfect treat for your holiday dinner party. This recipe can be doubled, allowing you to make 24 cupcakes 🙂
In my family, children and adults alike, enjoyed these cupcakes!
I mean look how pretty they are:
Here is the recipe to my Candied Cranberries that make the PERFECT garnish to this cupcake 🙂
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange zest (zest of one large orange)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cranberries
- Orange Icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- Candied cranberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Make the cupcake batter, by creaming together butter and sugar in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add in vanilla, eggs, orange juice and zest, milk and vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder. Combine with wet ingredients. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Gently fold in the chopped cranberries. Pour batter into cupcake cups and place in oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cupcake.
- While cupcakes are baking, make your icing by creaming together cream cheese and butter.
- Add orange zest and powdered sugar. Add milk one tablespoon at a time, mixing in between additions.
- Continue mixing until smooth and fluffy.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before topping with icing and candied cranberries.
- Enjoy 🙂