Caprese Chicken Pasta
Coming home from work after a long day, dinner can be a daunting task (yes, even for me). You know the drill; come home, kick shoes off, flop on the couch. Ask partner “what do you want for dinner?”, they respond “I don’t care”, you sigh loudly. Open the fridge, close the fridge, repeat. Repeat.
I came to this recipe during the process of opening and closing the refrigerator. Isn’t that how all great ideas begin?
I love this recipe because it highlights some of the best flavors of summer! Cherry tomatoes bursting with flavor, the bright peppery, floral basil and the smooth mozzarella pearls compliment the pasta perfectly in this caprese chicken pasta dish!
Check out the beautiful tomatoes from my little tomato plants 😀
For all the ingredients you will need for this recipe and more, shop the Fred Meyer #TasteOfItaly event which begins in stores September 12th!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (8 oz) container fresh mozzarella (cherry size)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 tablespoon white truffle oil, optional but very delicious
- Pound chicken breasts into 1/4 inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken breasts to pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet with the chicken and cook on medium low heat until fragrant. Add the cherry tomatoes, remaining olive oil and heavy cream. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti noodles to package instructions.
- Add the cooked and drained spaghetti to the skillet.
- Stir in the basil and mozzarella.
- Drizzle with white truffle oil (optional)
- Enjoy 🙂
This blog post was created in Partnership with Fred Meyer, all opinions and content are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who allow me to create and share these fun, new recipes! They help keep this blog going 🙂
Lmaooooo fantastic narrative. Thanks honey, and I’m sorry dinner is daunting. That’s why my solution is always buy food / my startup idea which removes all that concern 😁👍
lol, its funny because it is true 😀 love you <3