Beef and Bean Chili
My family loves football.
And fall is for football and parties with delicious food.And there is nothing more delicious, comforting and filling on a cold fall day, than a warm bowl of chili!
My Aunt Hilda always made a delicious chili for game days. Because many in our family (including my Uncle Hassan and my mom) are vegetarian, she would make a vegetarian chili.
I prefer to have some meat, and so my beef and bean chili was born!
Spices are an important component of this dish. I used a blend of Hungarian Paprika, chili powder, Cayenne Pepper, ground cumin, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and kosher salt!
Feel free to add/subtract any of the spices! Just be sure to taste often and decide what your palate likes best 🙂
I also want to talk about this awesome tomato paste in a tube! If you follow me on SnapChat (AmandasPlate), you know how much I love this stuff! Its so convenient!
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef (85/15 blend)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed red tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, strained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, strained and rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth (or vegetable broth)
- Cheddar cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, lime wedges, sour cream and tortilla chips for toppings
- In a large pot or dutch oven, break the beef into small pieces and sauté until cooked thru.
- Add the olive oil, onions, garlic cloves and spices into the pot and stir well.
- Add the bell peppers and saute until tender.
- Mix the tomato paste in the beef broth. Add the broth, crushed tomatoes and beans.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Top with your favorite toppings!
- Enjoy 🙂
Make this Beef and Bean Chili? I’d love to see! Tag me #CreateAmandasPlate