As the warm days of summer approach, so do the picnics, cookouts and outdoor gatherings. One dish that is always on the menu during our summer parties, is pasta salad! It is one of our favorite summer salads. As with many salads, pasta salad is versatile and easy to make your own!
I’ve partnered with the Feed Feed and Best Foods to create my Mediterranean Pasta Salad. Best Foods Organic Mayonnaise makes for the perfect base to dress this pasta salad. Added bonus; all the ingredients in the mayo are free of the use of pesticides, synthetic fertilizers and GMOs!
My Mediterranean Pasta Salad is the perfect balance of flavors. The cherry tomatoes and bell peppers offer subtle sweetness, the olives and feta are salty, while the mint and parsley are fresh and refreshing. The rich, light dressing brings it all together for the perfect summer salad!
If you’re like my sister, and don’t like tomatoes, feel free to omit them and substitute another vegetable of your liking. This is your salad 🙂
My Mediterranean Pasta Salad is great for pot lucks and BBQ’s as it stores really well and tastes better the longer the flavors have to combine. I make my pasta salad the night before and enjoy the next day 🙂
- 1 box tri-colored Rotini
- ½ cup+2 tablespoon Best Foods Organic Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup diced sweet bell pepper
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 1/3 cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted pistachios (optional)
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Cool completely and set aside.
- Make dressing by combining Best Foods Organic Mayo with salt, fresh ground black pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta, dressing and vegetables together. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta and crushed pistachios.
- Enjoy 🙂
This blog post was created in Partnership with Best Foods and FeedFeed, all opinions and content are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who allow me to create and share these fun, new recipes! They help keep this blog going 🙂