Salted Caramel Brownies
Looking for a fudgey, rich, chocolatey and salty dessert? Well, look no further. My salted caramel brownies are the perfect treat! The brownies are so rich and decadent. I have made them alone several times but decided it was time to jazz them up. For a reason I am not entirely sure about, I got into a conversation about salted caramels with a nurse I work with. Having salted caramel on my brain, I knew the smooth buttery and slightly salty caramel sauce would pair perfectly with these brownies. A beautiful marriage of classic flavor profiles.
I had to make a conscious effort not to eat spoonfuls of this caramel sauce.. it is that good.
Don’t like nuts or salted caramel (this is a judgement free zone, so I will withhold my opinion) feel free to omit them! The brownies alone are enough to satisfy any sweet tooth 😉
Here is my recipe
For the brownies
4 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) melted butter, unsalted
1 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the salted caramel
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vanilla
3/4 tablespoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9×9 inch pan or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cream together eggs and sugar using mixer on medium speed. Add in vanilla and salt. Sift flour and cocoa. Combined with wet ingredients. Stir in pecans.
3. Pour half batter into pan and bake for 10 minutes.
4. To make the caramel, melt butter over medium-low heat in a pot. Stir in sugar and heavy cream. Continuously whisk and allow to come to a boil (a low boil with small bubbles). Stir in vanilla and kosher salt. Remove from heat.
5. Remove brownies from oven and pour 1 cup of salted caramel sauce over the top. Pour remaining batter and return to oven for 30 minutes to complete baking.
6. Allow to cool. To cut throw brownies easily, use a plastic knife (it glides thru and does not crumble to brownie).
7. Enjoy 🙂