I was scrollin thru Instagram the other night, when I came across a beautiful picture of chocolate chip cookies by @tojo827 (thanks for the recipe!!)
Some may consider chocolate chip cookies the most simple of cookies, but I was so intrigued.
I decided to try the recipe and add some flake salt for an added depth of flavor. I love sweet and salty treats!
I purchased the flake salt from William Sonoma. Maldon also has a flake salt that may be available at your local grocery store. Any finishing salt will work here 🙂
Lets talk about brown butter. It is nothing more than butter, that has been browned. Pretty simple right? The flavor however, is far from simple. It is rich, nutty and the aroma will fill your home with the most wonderful scent. Brown butter works in a variety of things; from cookies to pasta and everything in between:)
Here is the recipe for my salted brown butter chocolate chip cookies!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 teaspoons good flake sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Farenheit.
- In a saucepan, heat butter on low heat until it is browned.
- Cool butter completely. It should return to a solid form at room temperature.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until combined, but do not over mix.
- Sift in flour, baking soda. Mix into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a size 40 (1 1/2 tablespoon) icecream scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top cookies with addtional chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden. The cookies will continue cooking outside the oven
- Top with flakey salt.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Enjoy 🙂
make this recipe? I’d love to see! Tag me using #CreateAmandasPlate or @AmandasPlate