Last summer, my husband bought a cookie from Starbucks.
Offended? Me? No.
My husband just bought a cookie wrapped in plastic from a store. Which is basically code for “I wish my wife would make these cookies at home”.
And make them I did! I’ve been making them since. And now
I am sharing the recipe with you 🙂
This Valentine’s Day (as with many before) I prefer to make those I love, including my store bought cookie eating husband, a homemade treat. Because to me, there is no better way to say “I love and care for you” then by taking time to create something; a labor of love <3
I had tried several Madeleines and even more recipes before landing on this one, that I believe I have perfected. I do not like a lemony Madeleine, so I omitted that from my recipe.
This is not an easy cookie. If you over mix, you can get a super doughy center, if you under mix, you may not get the proper rise. I strongly recommend using an electric mixer, or better a stand mixer!
This recipe was adapted in part from Williams-Sonoma.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Melted chocolate, for dipping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray Madeleine pan with non-stick baking spray, ensuring all ridges are coated.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whisk together eggs and sugar until thick and pale in color.
- Beat in the salt and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour and fold into the egg mixture.
- Gently fold in the butter until just combined.
- Pour batter into molds and bake for 8-12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow Madeleines to cool and dust with powdered sugar or dip in melted chocolate.
- Enjoy 🙂
I also purchased this beautiful heart shaped pan at Williams Sonoma.
Any suggestions on the best chocolate to dip them in / best method to melt chocolate.
What is the best way to dip the cookies in chocolate. I have seen them half dipped, how did you cover just the tops?
Any chocolate will do. My favorite is ghiredelli. I melt it in a double boiler on low heat and just dipped the cookie in 🙂 I used a fork to lift it out of the chocolate. Very simple! 💗
Perfect gift for Valentines ❤️, thank you Amanda i
Thank you, Adriana! I hope you enjoy ☺️💗
I love the heart shaped pan! where can I purchase one?
Thank you! I got it at William Sonoma 🙂
They look pretty and delicious Amanda 😊
Thank you, Marisa 🙂
I love love love Madeleines, just never got around to making them. I’m not really a baker, but, I will have to try these!
They’re so easy to make 😀 you can do it!!
I just did this and it was great! I got 18 though. I have to make a second batch because as soon as I wanted to dip them in chocolate, they were all gone!
Am waiting for the second batch to cook as I am writing this. Hopefully, I get to taste at least one!
Thanks Sarah! Lol more is always better so Im glad you got some extras 🙂