Today is the first day of Fall! And what better way to celebrate then with pumpkin spice… muffins! To celebrate the start of fall I decided to create a copycat of this Starbucks favorite; Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins.
This recipe is fairly simple to make and does not require a mixer! The cream cheese topping adds a decadence to the moist pumpkin spiced muffin. I made my own pumpkin puree (instructions here). If you’re buying store bought pumpkin puree, be sure it is plain puree and not a pumpkin pie mix as we are adding spices to the muffin mix.
I love to cuddle up with a good book, a hot cup of tea and muffin and really enjoy the crispness in the air. Fall is off to a hot start (its 83 degrees today) but I do look forward to sweater weather and lots of baked goods! I also really enjoy going to the apple orchard and picking apples with my family. What are you most excited for this fall season?
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- Cream Cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, stir pumpkin, oil, and sugar together using a wooden spoon.
- Stir in eggs, spices, salt, and baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir in the milk, then stir in the sifted flour. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Divide mixture evenly, filling each muffin 1/2 full.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of cream cheese onto the top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle each muffin with 4-5 pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the muffin part comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Please tag me @AmandasPlate or #CreateAmandasPlate