As I get into a new routine with my job, I am getting on more of a schedule for blogging. I hope to share my take on favorite holiday cookies!
When I was growing up, my aunt and uncle lived just a few homes down from us. We spent winter break baking holiday cookies to share with our cousins on Christmas Eve. One of the cookies we made were snickerdoodles! As a child, the name made me smile 😀 I created my Cinnamon Cardamom Snickerdoodles last winter, when I was experimenting with cardamom pods.
Whenever possible, I try to use whole spices, roasting them if necessary and grating them with a microplane before using.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 400º Fahrenheit.
- Using a mixer, cream together 1 1/2 cups sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time.
- Add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg.
- Roll cookie balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Make this dish? I’d love to see! Tag me @AmandasPlate #AmandasPlate