Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
Its starting to feel like fall and that means pumpkin everything! I don’t have much experience with gluten free baking, expect for French Macarons which are naturally GF as they are made with almond flour.
I have been using Hearthy Foods
halal gelatin for several years and finally got around to trying the fruit flours! I was so excited to try the banana and pumpkin flours as they only have one ingredient– the fruit in which they are made.
This recipe was made with the recipe on Hearthy Foods instagram. I used a whole stick of butter, but 1/2 cup coconut oil can be used in its place. A flax egg can also be used and these cookies would also be vegan.
- 1 cup Hearthy Foods Pumpkin Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pumpkin spice (cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Whisk together pumpkin flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice in a bowl. Set aside.
- Using a high speed mixer, cream together butter, brown and granulated sugar. Add in the egg. Add in the vanilla extract. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips. Scoop 1 tablespoon batter onto parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Enjoy 🙂
Make this recipe? I’d love to see? Tag me @AmandasPlate