With all the kids returning to school, it is time to begin thinking about their lunches! These homemade fruit roll ups are the perfect lunch box treat! By making them at home, you are controlling the sugar content and can ensure they have no chemicals or preservatives 😀
These take a while to make, but almost all the time is inactive; its 5 hours in the oven. know that is a lot of time. Make a large batch on a weekend and you’ll be good to go!
I was really surprised by how much my husband and I enjoyed these! A truly guilt free treat and they are just as fun for adults as they are for kids 😀
I decided to make peach raspberry fruit roll ups, but you can use any fruit you have on hand (nectarines, strawberries, blueberries, plums, apples, pears, mango, pineapple ect). Get creative with the flavor combinations! The possibilities are endless 🙂
I added turbinado sugar to my puree, but if your fruit is sweet enough, you can use less or omit the sugar entirely!
Here is my recipe:
2 1/2 cups ripe peaches, quartered
1 cup ripe raspberries
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Puree fruit in food processor until smooth. Add in sugar and blend well. *You may wish to strain the mixture to remove the raspberry seeds, but I kept them in for texture 🙂
- Spread puree evenly on a silpat lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 5 hours or until no longer tacky.
- Allow to cool. Using kitchen sheers, cut into long strips. *You may choose to roll in parchment.
- Enjoy 🙂