Chocolate Egg Cookies
I first saw these beautiful cookies on The Bake Feed editor, Brian’s page while we were in NYC!! Upon our arrival, I needed to bake something quick!! I really missed being in my kitchen SO much 😀
These were easy enough and I had all the ingredients (except the chocolate eggs). The original recipe calls for the cadbury milk chocolate eggs.. yum! But the store I went to only had one bag left, so I also grabbed a bag of the Hershey Milk chocolate eggs too! I really loved the color of the hershey eggs 😀
I will do an update on our NYC trip soon! I will say it was AMAZING and we had so many great treats 😛
The original recipe can be found here.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, melted
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2½ cups crushed candy-coated milk chocolate eggs, divided
- ½ cup milk chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the melted butter, sugars, melted chocolate, eggs, and extract at medium speed until combined.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add ½ cup crushed chocolate eggs and the chocolate chunks, beating just until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Scoop dough into 2 tablespoon rounds. Roll the dough rounds into the crushed eggs. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Bake until set, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool completely.
Are you baking this weekend? Share what you bake! Tag me @AmandasPlate or #CreateAmandasPlate