Hazelnut Cardamom Granola Clusters
Yogurt and granola make the perfect breakfast for these busy parents. With a little prep, we can enjoy Hazelnut Cardamom Granola Clusters over yogurt all week!
I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts, Side Hustle School, when I heard an ad for Noosa Yoghurt Contest. I absolutely love Noosa Yoghurt and knew I had to enter. The contest calls for food lovers to share their ideas for new Noosa flavors.
As I thought about my entry, I wanted to incorporate nuts and cardamom and came up with this. This recipe is adapted from Wholesome Dish and is totally versatile. You can use whichever nuts you like (or omit them and add more dried fruit!)
- 1/4 cup vegetable or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped (or other nut)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Line an extra large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the oil, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and cardamom to a large bowl. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. Spread mixture onto baking sheet and firmly pack it onto the sheet.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes, rotating the pan half way through cooking.
- Let the granola cool at room temperature.Using a spoon to break the granola into pieces.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container.
This recipe doubles perfectly and stores in a ziplock or tupperware for 10 days!
With a little bit of fresh fruit, our breakfast is ready 🙂 it doesn’t look like this on the regular tho! lol
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Tag me using #CreateAmandasPlate @AmandasPlate