One of the reasons I haven’t always enjoyed oatmeal was the taste. I mean, the lack of taste. But I didn’t want to add sugar, because if you aren’t eating oatmeal for health, why are you eating it? 😀
This homemade maple oatmeal is my new go-to breakfast item. Even Hussein and Hannah liked this recipe 🙂
I have started a six week health and fitness challenge with The Fit Nest and oats are a recommended meal for breakfast, so overall this is a win-win!
If you don’t like maple syrup, you can use honey. For the recipe, I used water but you can substitute for any milk of your liking.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups water (can use up to 1 cup milk of your choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Fruits and nut for topping
- In a small sauce pot, combine oats, water, and salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring a few times, until oats are tender.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Top with fruit and nuts!
- Enjoy 🙂
Make this recipe? I’d love to see! Please tag me using #CreateAmandasPlate or @AmandasPlate