Have you seen Concussion yet? If not, stop reading and scroll down to the recipe.
If you did watch it what did you think? I loved it and thought Will Smith did an incredible job in his role. There is no denying the confusion and frustration I (and many others) felt when learning more about CTE. How does the NFL allow people to play without fair warning of these significant risks? 😐
Anyway, it is football season and people are getting together with friends and family and watching the playoff games. This is a favorite recipe for game day! It’s spicy, creamy, with a crunchy panko topping!
Thank you to Fred Meyer Stores for sponsoring this recipe!
- 2 (8) ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken (already cooked. I use Crescent Foods Chicken)
- 3 tablespoons minced jalapeno
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Parsley for garnish
- sliced baguette, chips, celery for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Stir until well combined.
- Add the garlic powder, black pepper, salt, jalapeno and shredded chicken and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a cast iron or non stick pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While dip is baking, make the topping by combining panko bread crumbs with melted butter.
- Spoon the bread crumbs over the top of the dip and place under the broiler until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with chips, celery sticks and sliced baguette.