National S’mores Day
Today is National S’mores Day! What a great food celebration! S’mores are a classic summer treat. Whether your on the beach sitting around a camp fire, or in your kitchen roasting a marshmallow on your stove top, S’mores are a delicious confection!
I had come across a picture of a S’mores using a Reese’s peanut butter cup in place of the classic piece of Hershey’s Bar. And then it hit me! Combine the classic flavors of a s’mores into a cookie! And then use that cookie to make a S’more!
Here is my recipe:
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup roughly crushed graham crackers
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup + 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugars and vanilla. Add in eggs one at a time.
2. Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and baking soda to butter and sugar mixture. Combine well.
3. Fold in 1 cups of the marshmallows, chocolate chips and Reese’s.
4. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and scope dough 1 inch apart on the baking sheet. Be sure that none of the marshmallows are on the edges of the cookie.
5. Bake until golden brown; about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top each cookie with two or three mini marshmallows place under broiler for 1 minute.
6. Enjoy! 🙂