Peaches are one of summers best treats! Sweet, juicy, easy to eat and a great addition to almost any dessert! While at the Farmer’s Market, I picked up some beautiful peaches that were grown in Cashmere, WA.
I knew immediately that I would make a favorite; peach cobbler. But I couldn’t just make an ordinary peach cobbler. I wanted to add another fruit and decided on the beautiful blackberries that I also picked up at the Farmer’s Market.
I made individual cobblers, because I L-O-V-E serving up cute, individual portions of dessert 🙂 There is something special about an individual treat.
Be sure the make my Peach and Blackberry cobbler before summer is over! Serve with a large scoop (or two) of your favorite vanilla ice cream! So may say the ice cream is optional… but I think not 😛
Here is my recipe:
2 cups peaches, peeled and cut into segments
3/4 cup blackberries
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
pinch of salt
For the Topping:
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
mint for garnish, optional
vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar. Add in peach segments and blackberries, vanilla, salt and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and melted butter.
- Spoon fruit into baking dish or individual ramekins.
- Drop topping on top of the fruit. Leave some spots open for the fruit to peek thru!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and mint for garnish!
- Enjoy 🙂