Stone Fruit Salad
Summer is my favorite time of year for many reasons, but it is especially special because of all the incredible fruits and vegetables that are in season!
Stone fruits, also referred to as drupes, are fruits with a fleshy exterior surrounding a seed. These include, peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots and cherries. And while I did not include cherries in this salad, they most certainly would be a wonderful addition.
I picked up a beautiful basket of fruit during my weekly farmers market visit. Because we are fasting for Ramadan and are not eating during daylight hours, I over estimated just how much fruit we could eat. So, I found myself with lots of fruit that needed to be used. I had planned on making a peach crisp (that will come later this week) but decided a salad was what we really needed to be eating. And I needed a salad to go with the pasta dish I made for iftar 🙂
- Herb Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 glove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 cups spring mix
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 2 plums, sliced
- 1 large peach, sliced
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container of fresh mozzarella balls
- fresh mint and basil for garnish
- In a blender, combine fresh basil, mint, lemon, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse until smooth.
- Arrange spring mix on severing platter. Top with stone fruit, tomatoes and mozzarella. Spoon over the herb vinaigrette.
- Enjoy 🙂
Best salad ever ! (after your orzo salad) especialy the plums, they worked so well with the other veggies.
Thank you so much to my most favorite taste tester and dinner partner 🙂
Thank you!! Its delicious too 😀